Bubble Cloud is both a widget app, and an app for Wear OS watches.
If you weren’t offered the option to install on your watch, that’s usually because your watch is not compatible.
My app is only compatible with Wear OS watches. Samsung Gear watches use a different operating system (Tizen). GT08, DZ09 and similar Android watches have the regular version of Android intended for phones. Google created the WearOS system specifically for watches.
If you need help setting up the app on your Samsung phone or Samsung TAB I can help (see in section 2)
Want to use my app on your Wear OS watch?
- Huawei Watch,
- ASUS ZenWatch1-3
- Sony SW3
- LG watches
- Moto 360
- Fossile Q
- Tag Heuer Connect
Other Samsung Gear watches use their proprietary Tizen operating system. They are not compatible with Wear OS by Google.
Other (inexpensive) “Android compatible” smartwatches usually have Android(5.1) which is intended for phones, not for watches. They are not Wear OS either. Read more on the subject here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/android-wear/6Af6xFwxapA/svRCzWxSDQAJ
Please read the following post if you want to use Bubble Clouds on your watch: Watch face mode
Let me know if you have a Wear OS watch that I can help with.
If you have a Samsung Gear watch, I found this Tizen app that does something similar on Gear watches:
Bubble Cloud is 100% compatible with Samsung phones and tablets.
My app should work well with 3rd party launchers. But some third party launchers are not so great when it comes to home screen widgets. Bubble Cloud is a pretty advanced widget, which requires 100% compatibility. If the bubbles appear distorted (or they don’t appear at all) it is most probably because the launcher does not implement widgets well enough.
You can always restore the built in Samsung Launcher, which is very good, and 100% compatible.
Or better yet, I usually recommend Nova Launcher, even the free version is very good. I am sure with a good icon pack it can compete with the stock Samsung launcher.
You might have tried to enable launcher compatibility mode. If you use Nova Launcer, you will NOT need that setting!
Please try to turn it OFF before continuing with Nova Launcher.
You can restore the default parameters in Expert mode:
Tablets have one special behavior: the launcher can follow the rotation of the device (similar to regular apps). Bubble Cloud is ready for this, though this option is not enabled by default.
LAUNCHER ROTATION ON TABLETS AND PHONES
- Enable the option “Launcher rotation”*
- Adjust the size of the widget at least once if bubbles are distorted
*Launcher rotation is disabled by default to save memory and battery. When enabled: the app needs to generate two different bubble layouts
Please watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3n14v6cSLw
Here is a step by step guide on how a widget can be placed using the built in Samsung launcher:
- Long press the background: the screen shrinks and shows you your pages:
- Find a blank page, or use the last page marked with a +
- Click on “Widgets” (at the bottom)
- In the list of widgets, scroll sideways until you see Bubble Cloud:
- When you click, it will show the three types of bubble clouds, drag the “App Bubble Cloud”:
- Drag it to the empty page:
- It will appear small and have the sizing dots around it when you drop it:
- Drag these sizing dots to fill available space:
- Press the BACK key to exit widget edit mode
- Click on the center icon: it will take you to the screen where you can add bubbles:
- Press the yellow plus sign to add bubbles: click on the apps you want in the cloud then the checkmark in the upper right:
- You will have a beautiful cloud of bubbles:
Now this is widgets “1.0.1” on Android. Don’t blame me if you find it difficult, this is what Google and Samsung came up with!
We are in luck that I also have a Samsung device and I could show you the exact steps.
There is a lot more, but please watch the product videos, I worked days on them to show you how to edit the clouds etc: